Friday 22 February 2013

Day 140- Drak 20/2/13


A day rather unlike any other, with a variety of problems to sort out:

Computer dismally fails to do anything at all, not a single button having any effect whatsoever. Six people who have iPads tried and failed to get any result and trying to find a solution by using the Internet from someone else's machine also failed. Eventually Nellie from Holland solved the problem - as usual, easy when you know.

Then I had to book my return trip to Cape Town, only to find that my phone will not work here (in spite of all the assurances back home) and the phone line from here was out of order. Eventually sorted, with a two day journey over the weekend.

Then I realised that Sani Lodge insist on cash and no credit / debit cards accepted, so had to get myself to the nearest town to find an ATM (in fact two as I needed to draw out the maximum from each machine).

Then the weather turned rather wet so I decided to sit here and try and catch upon blog and emails. Different sort of day to what I have become accustomed, but everything now sorted. Early start tomorrow, hoping for better weather, but still raining and temperature dropping. Time for the three blankets plus duvet, if not the hot water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment